Streamline Solutions launches ELEMENTS v4.0.018th April 2023:
Streamline Solutions is delighted to announce the release of ELEMENTS 4.0.0, an open-source based CFD software suite for vehicle design applications. This release also includes new versions of the add-on modules ELEMENTS-Adjoint and ELEMENTS-Coupled.
ELEMENTS combines two simulation environments in one package: a dedicated virtual wind tunnel wizard for modelling external vehicle aerodynamics, and a general purpose CFD interface for solving other vehicle design applications (e.g. UHMT, HVAC, in-cabin flows, aeroacoustics, etc). The default methodology and best practices for external vehicle aerodynamics provided with this version of ELEMENTS have been widely tested and validated to conform to the latest regulations on alternative drag prediction methods proposed as part of the Worldwide harmonized Light vehicles Test Procedure (WLTP).
ELEMENTS 4.0.0 is new major version that offers a wide range of extended capabilities and code refinements. The new features cover all aspects of the product, including:
- Improved GUI for ease of use and simplified virtual wind tunnel simulations;
- Better parallel meshing with enhanced near-wall layers handling and minimum geometry preparation;
- Extended setup utilities with Python-based scripting capabilities;
- New unified flow solver framework with new functionality for extended reference frames, material properties, scalar transport, boundary conditions and turbulence flows; and
- Extended monitoring and visualisation objects for advanced post-processing.
About Streamline Solutions:
Streamline Solutions LLC, a joint venture formed between ENGYS and Auto Research Center, was founded in the USA in early 2012 to serve the vehicle design software market, covering automotive, motorsports, commercial and military applications. The company develops and promotes the software ELEMENTS, a CFD analysis and vehicle design optimisation suite powered by open-source technologies developed by ENGYS. Streamline Solutions combines ENGYS’ leading-edge software development and support, a long and reputable participation in the open-source software business, with ARC’s proven vehicle design expertise and world leading wind tunnel and experimental facilities for validation purposes.