Streamline Solutions launches ELEMENTS v3.2.11st April 2020:
Streamline Solutions is delighted to announce the new release of ELEMENTS v3.2.1, an open-source based CFD software suite for vehicle design applications produced by Streamline Solutions LLC.
The product combines two simulation environments in one package: a dedicated virtual wind tunnel wizard for modelling external vehicle aerodynamics, and a general purpose CFD interface for solving other vehicle design applications (e.g. UHMT, HVAC, in-cabin flows, aeroacoustics, etc). The default methodology and best practices for external vehicle aerodynamics provided with this version of ELEMENTS have been widely tested and validated to conform to the latest regulations on alternative drag prediction methods proposed as part of the Worldwide harmonized Light vehicles Test Procedure (WLTP).
The new version of ELEMENTS 3.2.1 offers a wide range of extended capabilities and several refinements to remove known issues found in the previous release 3.2.0. Some of the new exciting features added in this version include:
- Enhanced display rendering for remote client-server connections to HPC systems with multiple computational nodes.
- Faster I/O thanks to added support for solution fields in binary format.
- Extended support for the python-based macro journaling system in ELEMENTS-GUI.
- New mapped boundary conditions to map fields from either a boundary patch or a volumetric distance-based source.
- New TAITherm coupling thermal boundary condition.
- Added support for porous media in cylindrical coordinate system.
- New vectors visualisation object.
- Added support for box and sphere types for slice and clip visualisation objects.
- Added support for nested hierarchy of visualisation objects.
- Added support for fields visualisation inside volumetric cell zones.
- New options for colour legends and backface/frontface visualisation.
- New block-coupled density-based compressible flow solver for subsonic, transonic and supersonic regimes in ELEMENTS-Coupled add-on module.
About Streamline Solutions:
Streamline Solutions LLC, a joint venture formed between ENGYS and Auto Research Center, was founded in the USA in early 2012 to serve the vehicle design software market, covering automotive, motorsports, commercial and military applications. The company develops and promotes the software ELEMENTS, a CFD analysis and vehicle design optimisation suite powered by open-source technologies developed by ENGYS. Streamline Solutions combines ENGYS’ leading-edge software development and support, a long and reputable participation in the open-source software business, with ARC’s proven vehicle design expertise and world leading wind tunnel and experimental facilities for validation purposes.