ELEMENTS is a software suite for CFD and design optimisation focused on automotive and vehicle design applications. The software offers unprecedented advantages over existing CAE products thanks to the open-source nature of the solvers and utilities provided with the tool.
- Modular design for tackling specific applications: aerodynamics, underhood thermal management, HVAC & cabin comfort, aeroacoustics, soiling & water management.
- Easy-to-use Graphical User Interface for model setup and preparation.
- Dedicated setup wizard with embedded best simulation practices, including user-defined mesh settings, user-defined solver settings, support for rotating tyres/wheels, ride heigth adjustment tool, frontal area calculator and automatic reporting.
- Advanced hex-dominant parallel meshing for high quality grids with minimal CAD input and cleaning.
- High accuracy open-source CFD solvers with unlimited computing scalability (no HPC licenses).
- Dedicated post-processing routines for customised vehicle design output.
- ELEMENTS-Adjoint add-on module for topology and shape optimisation backed up by more than 10 years of developments and validations in the automotive industry.
- ELEMENTS-Coupled add-on module featuring a fast blocked-coupled incompressible flow solver.
Powered by HELYX® - ENGYS' most comprehensive open-source based CFD toolbox - ELEMENTS offers the many benefits of open-source software to deliver a fully-supported professional engineering simulation tool for vehicle design applications without the complex license restrictions often imposed by other vendors. The use of HELYX® as kernel also guarantees access to a wider range of ancillary methods and specialised features beyond the reach of standard online ope-source offerings, making ELEMENTS one of the most advanced and cost-effective vehicle analysis and design tools in the market.
Best practices and validation:
Another great advantage of ELEMENTS, and one that sets it apart from other CFD packages, is the incorporation of our best simulation practices in the model setup for external vehicle aerodynamics to conform to the latest regulations on alternative drag prediction methods proposed as part of the Worldwide harmonized Light vehicles Test Procedure (WLTP). The aim is to provide our clients with widely tested CFD methodologies as predefined simulation templates to achieve high accuracy results, no matter the application or vehicle shape. ARC's wind tunnel in-house capabilities and extensive experience with vehicle testing have played a fundamental role in validating our simulation practices and solvers. This continuous and growing process of simulation-testing has led to the definition of a comprehensive matrix of CFD validation cases in all aspects of vehicle design applications.
First class after sales support:
ELEMENTS is backed up by our first class user support telephone/email help line and extensive documentation. Additionally, Streamline Solutions also delivers a comprehensive set of related services worldwide, such as training, custom development and vehicle design consultancy. Visit our Support section for a more detailed description of our related offerings.
Please Contact Us today for further information about ELEMENTS, including availability and costs.