Streamline Solutions launches ELEMENTS v3.3.115th April 2021:
Streamline Solutions is delighted to announce the new release of ELEMENTS v3.3.1, an open-source based CFD software suite for vehicle design applications produced by Streamline Solutions LLC.
ELEMENTS combines two simulation environments in one package: a dedicated virtual wind tunnel wizard for modelling external vehicle aerodynamics, and a general purpose CFD interface for solving other vehicle design applications (e.g. UHMT, HVAC, in-cabin flows, aeroacoustics, etc). The default methodology and best practices for external vehicle aerodynamics provided with this version of ELEMENTS have been widely tested and validated to conform to the latest regulations on alternative drag prediction methods proposed as part of the Worldwide harmonized Light vehicles Test Procedure (WLTP).
ELEMENTS 3.3.1 offers a wide range of extended capabilities and several refinements to remove known issues found in the previous release 3.3.0. Some of the new exciting features added in this version include:
- Extended Python based journaling system for batch automation to cover all components in ELEMENTS, including the virtual wind tunnel wizard for external aerodynamics calculations.
- Improved meshing, including better layer addition for low-Re meshes, faster mesh creation by refactoring the snapping stage, increased robustness of crack detection in geometries, better snapping at sharp edges, etc.
- New boundary conditions, including a new porous baffle and a complete refactoring of the arbitrary mesh interfaces (AMI).
- New fields mapping tool for efficient mapping of solutions between different computational grids.
- Added support for relative rigid multibody motion using generalised internal boundaries (GIB).
- New local GPU rendering option for remote client-server connections.
- New emake build system based on the industry standard cmake. This is now the default build system for HELYX-Core.
- Aero: added new option to the configuration files to selectively exclude assembly types from the computation of vehicle width.
- Aero: improved report functionalities, including the ability to add vector plots and the inclusion of dimensional units for data and legends.
- ELEMENTS-Adjoint: new symmetry condition for adjoint sensitivities around a user-defined plane.
- ELEMENTS-Coupled: added caching of block coupled AMG agglomeration for improved solver performance.
About Streamline Solutions:
Streamline Solutions LLC, a joint venture formed between ENGYS and Auto Research Center, was founded in the USA in early 2012 to serve the vehicle design software market, covering automotive, motorsports, commercial and military applications. The company develops and promotes the software ELEMENTS, a CFD analysis and vehicle design optimisation suite powered by open-source technologies developed by ENGYS. Streamline Solutions combines ENGYS’ leading-edge software development and support, a long and reputable participation in the open-source software business, with ARC’s proven vehicle design expertise and world leading wind tunnel and experimental facilities for validation purposes.